Our Pikes Peak Elite squad had a busy month of races all over the USA, and beyond, this April and May. Here’s a little recap of what the team has accomplished so far this spring.
- Dan Castle took first place with a monstrous kick during the last lap at the CU Invite 3000m in Boulder.
- Matt Williams finished 2nd at Cheyenne Mountain 25km Trail Race at Cheyenne Mountain Park in Colorado.
- Riley Coates ran 29:57 at Drake Relays to finish 6th in the 10km while pacing his former teammate.
- Dan Castle raced at the historic Payton Jordan Invite among many of the top 1500m runners in the US. His time of 3:46.8 was good for 3rd in section three of that event.
- Back home in Colorado Springs we had Adrian Neal take the victory at the Garden of the God’s 5-miler.
- Tanner Fruit went back to Nebraska to race the Lincoln Marathon, finishing 5th overall with a 2:33:43.
- Ben Payne and Matt Williams raced the Bloomsday 12k out in Spokane, Washington. Ben finished 19th followed right behind with Matt Williams at 20th overall. They were two of the top-ten American runners in the race and finished in 37:10 and 37:25 respectively.
- Finally, Carlos Trujillo finished 3rd in his half marathon in San Jose, Costa Rica this past weekend. It was a great experience and preparation for the World Championships in London where he will be representing Guatemala.